What Personal Information About Customers Does BluePlanetDVD Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your movie rental experience at BluePlanetDVD. Here are the types of information we may gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way.
- Automatic Information:We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses BluePlanetDVD.com.
Does BluePlanetDVD Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only with our subsidiaries, controls and as described below.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other any purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of BluePlanetDVD customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores or assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the unlikely event that BluePlanetDVD, is acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of BluePlanetDVD and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; protect the rights, property, or safety of BluePlanetDVD, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. We also encrypt all information before transmition to the appropriate credit card company during order processing. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Conditions of Use, Notices and Revisions
Risk of Loss
All items purchased/rented from BluePlanetDVD are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier.
BluePlanetDVD and its affiliates attempt to be as accurate as possible. However, BluePlanetDVD does not warrant that product descriptions or other content of this site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. If a product offered by BluePlanetDVD itself is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it in unused condition.